The purpose of this event is to spread love and positivity with words. If you would love to join us as we bless the community, please let us know. You have signed up to help us distribute 200 affirmation care packages in the Upper Darby community.
This event will take place on Saturday, February 13th, at 1 pm. We will meet between 12:45 and 1 pm at the 69th street terminal at the steps.
Location: 6901 Market Street
Upper Darby, PA 19082
You will need to arrive masked and prepared to have your temperature checked by a Fruits of the Family Table team member. You will be offered latex gloves. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Once your temperature is checked you will receive a FOTFT drawstring bag filled with 25-50 care packages for distribution. We have a total of 200 affirmation packages to distribute, once this is done, we are done.
We encourage you to partner up at a safe social distance with another volunteer and canvas the 69th strip, which is usually busy with Philadelphia & Delaware County residents.
Tips for Safety & Suggestions to get the most of this experience:
• Keep your mask on at all times
• If you wear latex gloves, please keep your gloves on at all times
• Maintain safe social distance between yourself and anyone who is not a household member
• Offer the affirmation package by sharing emphasizing popular content "would you like a free mask?" / "Would you like a mask/hand sanitizer?" "We have resources"
•Please dress warm and wear comfortable shoes
• Be prepared to share about the purpose of the outreach, "we are sharing love and positivity with the power of words, here's a positive affirmations reminder to encourage you to keep going....."
• Take a few pictures (2-4) of your outreach efforts to share with FOTFT management and for your own memories
• And don't forget to enjoy yourself
If anyone appears to be in distress and open to immediate intervention, please obtain their name/number, share with a FOTFT team member before you leave that day.
Should you have any questions, please respond to this email or call/text (267)410-6188 with any questions or concerns.